If you have an e-ticket or paper ticket and are travelling within Australia, please bring photographic identification such as a driver's licence or passport or social security card.
An electronic ticket (e-ticket) is a ticket that is stored electronically rather than being printed on paper. You should carry your e-ticket receipt at all times for both international and domestic flights.
The following are the only acceptable forms of photographic identification all of which must be valid at the time of travel:
- National passport or
- Motor vehicle driver's licence issued under a law of the Commonwealth of Australia, or of an Australian State or Territory or
- Document that identifies you, issued by:
- the Commonwealth of Australia or
- an Australian State or Territory or
- by an authority of the Commonwealth of Australia, or an Australian State or Territory; or
- An aviation security identification card issued by the operator of the aircraft or the operator of an airport in Australia
In response to various threats - including those posed by liquid explosives - security arrangements have been reinforced. More information can be found on the baggage allowances page.
For information on security screening at Australian airports, please go to the Australian Government travel security website.